Ammo (also known as Ammunition, Ammo Clips, or just Clips) are the main source of bullets throughout both Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. They are placed individually on the map, giving the player 8 bullets when picked up.
Non-boss enemies who carry guns also will also drop ammo upon death, but these used ammo only give 4 bullets. They are identical in appearance to other ammo, referring to the same sprite.
As with healing items, try not to pick up an ammo if you can't use all the bullets. In harder difficulty levels, such as "I am Death incarnate!", you'll need to utilize all the rounds in an ammo clip so that you don't run out of bullets.
In other games
The Mission packs uses a new sprite for the ammo clip. It is functionally identical.
- Gun enthusiasts would note that the "Clip" is actually a magazine. Incorrect as it may be, the game's source code refers to it as "bo_clip".
- The source code does not provide a unique name for used clips, instead calling them "bo_clip2".
- Wolfenstein 3D Jaguar game booklet. Atari Corporation, 1992. Page 12. Web. (Third-party scan)
- Cloud, Kevin. The Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3D. Apogee Software, 1992. Page 5. Web. (Third-party scan)
- WOLFSRC/WL_AGENT.C from the Wolfenstein 3D source code on github.com, line 708
- WOLFSRC/WL_AGENT.C from the Wolfenstein 3D source code on github.com, line 715
|Weapons (all versions)||Knife · Pistol · Machine Gun · Chaingun|
|Super Nintendo derived port exclusive weapons||Flamethrower · Rocket Launcher|
|Pickups||Blood · Dog Food · Food · First Aid · One Up · Key · Ammo · Treasure|
|Spear of Destiny and Super Nintendo derived port pickups||Ammo Box|
|Super Nintendo derived port exclusive items||Ammo Pack · Fuel Can · Rocket Crate|