Overview[edit | edit source]
The WESPE drone is an unmanned combat aircraft controlled by a basic AI unit. It was developed in the late 40s by Dr. Ludwig Wald, one of Germania's top radio engineers, as a way to efficiently survey large areas of Nazi-controlled cities from above without requiring a human component. Since then, it has been enhanced with numerous abilities, such as power-efficient laser cannons and ramjet engines.
By 1960 a handful of Drones, presumably modified to operate above the lunar surface, had been deployed to guard the exterior of the Nazi moon base.
1961[edit | edit source]
Despite its bulkier new design, the drone is still quite weak, since B.J. can kill it with a few shots from a Maschinenpistole or a single shot from a Hammergewehr. However, it is still dangerous since its weapon has been upgraded to fire a concentrated laser beam similiar to the Lasergewehr. In fact, the drone appears to actually be an older 1950's model than the 1960 drone version. This is probably because of the fact that German forces in the 'American Colonies' have a relatively lower priority with regards as to most new equipment (the ÜberSoldat being one of the notable exceptions to this). This was in turn due in part to the ongoing war in Africa, but also because (ironically as it turns out) America in general was considered to having been successfully 'pacified'.
The Drones also act as surveillance around areas, going on alert if they spot an enemy. Similar to the Laserhund, once destroyed, they land and cause an explosion that can injure the player; sometimes even knocking them backward.
1980[edit | edit source]
The drone returns in 1980s Neu-Paris. While they resemble their American models, some of these drones have been equipped with missile launchers in lieu of laser weaponry. There is also a chance of encountering a variant of the drohne, the Elektrodrohne, which is equipped with an electric cannon that follows the principles of the Elektrokraftwerk, rather than a missile launcher.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The New Order[edit | edit source]
- The Drone can be quite a nuisance due to its speed and long-range accuracy. However, it has fairly weak armor and can be brought down by one shotgun blast if close enough.
- The Drones fought on the moon can be one-shotted using the LaserKraftWerk (provided that player has upgraded the weapon), and are only encountered in areas where a charge station is nearby.
The Old Blood[edit | edit source]
- The drone's make a noise before shooting their rockets, giving the player time to destroy them before they attack.
- They can be destroyed with the MG-46 or a single shot of the Bombenschuss.
The New Colossus[edit | edit source]
- A drone can be easily destroyed with any weapon with a single shot (e.g. Sturmgewehr or LaserKraftWerk), they can be silently killed with a silenced weapon. That being said, if the explosion is heard by enemies, they will go on alert.
- They are usually near a group of soldiers, Super Soldiers, and sometimes a Commander.
- The laser can be avoided if the player moves around or hides behind cover, as they charge shots. In addition, they move from left to right, trying to get better view to shoot at the player.
Youngblood[edit | edit source]
- Drones in Youngblood can easily be destroyed from elevation, or with turret weapons.
- Grenade drones are weakly armored, but can be an irritant due to the heavier and wider damage they inflict from above.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Humans||Soldier · Riot Guard · Commander · Deathshead's Commando · Fire Trooper · Rocket Trooper · Space Marine · Space Trooper|
|Machines||Drone · Guard Robot · Panzerhund · Heavy Robot · Baltisches Auge · Herr Faust · Zeppelin|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten|
|Bosses||London Monitor · Prototype Robot · Deathshead(Mechanical Powered Armor)|
|Humans||Soldier · Commander · Heavy Soldier · Marksman|
|Machines||Drone · Panzerhund · Laderoboter|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten · Shambler|
|Bosses||Rudi Jäger · The Monstrosity|
|Humans||Soldier (Atom Elites · Venus Soldiers) · Commander (Übercommander)|
|Machines||Railway Turret · UberSoldat · Drone · Laserhund · Panzerhund|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten · Crocodile|
|Bosses||Irene Engel · Zerstörer· Zitadelle|
|Humans||Soldier · Commander (Übercommander) · Elite Guard · Sniper|
|Machines||Drone · Robotersoldaten ・ Laserhund · Panzerhund ・ Düsenjäger・ Düsenjäger (Fighter)|
|Creatures||Bombenhund · Supersoldaten · Zerstörer · Zitadelle|
|Bosses||Winkler · Brüder Übergarde · Lothar Brandt|