A central hub in the level forms a squarish Celtic cross, filled with Guards.
|Part of||Episode 1|
The level is almost cleanly divided down the center into a zone mostly comprised of blue brick in the east, and one of gray stone in the west. The player begins in the latter zone, in the northwesternmost corner of the level, in a room with a Secret[secret 1].
- in the west, a series of three rooms, one of which contains a Secret[secret 2] guarded by 1/2/3 Guards
- in the east, a few halls that lead to a room with SS as well as a prison area, keeping up the dungeon motive of Episode 1, as well as holding several Secrets[secrets 3, 4]
- in the south, a cross-shaped hallway.
This last hallway itself opens to:
- in the west, a room with a gold Key and Treasure
- on the north side of the hall, a room with 1/2/3 Guards and some Treasure
- in the south and east, the rest of the level.
- Just on the right as the player begins the level, a plain stone wall opens to reveal 5 Ammo and two First Aid kits.
- The western arm of the Celtic Cross-shaped hallway holds a room that tantalizes the player with goodies inaccessible behind barrels; push a plain wall to reach them.
- The prison area holds a plain blue pushwall that opens to Food and a First Aid kit.
- Adjacent to the previous secret is another, which holds instead Ammo.
- A wall tile in a large, featureless stone block in the east of the level may be pushed to reveal 5 Food.
- A wall in a Swastika-shaped set of wooden walls may be pushed to reveal a single First Aid kit in the center.
- A wall in a room full of Dogs may be pushed to reveal a cache of Treasure, First Aid, and Ammo.
- The wall tiles of the negative space outside the accessible area of this level can be seen to have various anomalies, suggesting that there once existed development rooms that were hastily cut.
- John Romero's record time for beating this level is 34 seconds.
- 10/01/2016 new record time of 32 seconds by Nick Kerslake.
- Cloud, Kevin. The Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3D. Apogee Software, 1992. Page 10. Web. (Third-party scan)
|Episode One||Floor 1 · Floor 2 · Floor 3 · Floor 4 · Floor 5 · Floor 6 · Floor 7 · Floor 8 · Floor 9 (Boss) · Floor 10 (Secret)|
|Episode Two||Floor 1 · Floor 2 · Floor 3 · Floor 4 · Floor 5 · Floor 6 · Floor 7 · Floor 8 · Floor 9 (Boss) · Floor 10 (Secret)|
|Episode Three||Floor 1 · Floor 2 · Floor 3 · Floor 4 · Floor 5 · Floor 6 · Floor 7 · Floor 8 · Floor 9 (Boss) · Floor 10 (Secret)|