- "Men! This is the home stretch! You have performed admirable work sifting through the rubble of the Oberkommando, recovering all that is of value, and now we are almost ready to return these precious items to their rightful owners: Our brave leaders of the Third Reich! It is not glamorous work. It is, however, the most crucial part in fighting terrorism. Facilitating the return to the order and stability our civilization was built upon. Hold your head high and finish the mission."
- ―Freidrich Baumgartner’s speech to his troops[src]
Brigadeführer Freidrich Baumgartner was a Überkommandant in the Nazi Party and target in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Before 1961[edit | edit source]
During the siege of Medina in 1949, Baumgartner led the relief mission and effectively saved the city garrison. He was highly decorated for his heroism during operation 'broken eagle' in Montana in 1950, where he managed to capture thirty four terrorists. He was able to save the life of a generaloberst, who was targeted for assassination in Washington square, as well as saving several other higher ups.
Assassination[edit | edit source]
- "Dynamite, Blazkowicz! You were born to kill Nazis. Grace out."
- ―Grace to B.J. upon Baumgartner's death.[src]
He was in charge overseeing the salvage operation of the destroyed Oberkommando in Roswell to salvage some important resources left behind. His attempt failed as B.J. kills him.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Based on his speech to his troops, he is an effective, influential leader who inspires his men to carry on their mission.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike his soldiers, he does not wear a hazmat suit.
- His first name in his profile is "Fredrich" instead of "Friedrich". This is likely developer mistake.
- His glasses are absent from his face when he is confronted. Given the design of the glasses themselves, he may be blind (possibly a war wound.)
|Direct appearance in The New Colossus||Albert Grosse· Daniel Eckstein· Erich Eberhardt· Freidrich Baumgartner· Gerhardt Dunkel· Gernot Herrmann· Heinrich Müller· Jürgen Schlusser· Klaus Klinger· Leopold Meissner· Ludwig Kassmeyer· Michael Rademaker· Otto Ackermann· Raimund Hofmann· Thomas Wechsler· Victor Kreuger· Walter Hauser·|
|Direct appearance in The Freedom Chronicles||Roderick Metze· Hans Stiglitz|
|Mentioned only||Erik Wechsler|
|Direct appearance in Youngblood||Bayer・ Fleischer|