Heavy Robots (German: Schwerer Roboter) are large mechs used by the Nazis in the 1960s to suppress all uprising attempts after their victory of World War II.
The game describes the robots as such; these are military grade robots, the state-of-the-art in the field of advanced mechanized unit design. These bad boys carry Superlaser cannons and have a protective layer of hard steel. Only two are ever seen in the game. The first one is encountered at the end of the mission London Nautica, acting as a boss. The second appears near the end of the Lunar Base, blowing up a part of the tram the player is escaping on thus disabling it, forcing the player to continue on foot. This one cannot be fought.
The Heavy Robot in the London Nautica is armed with two attacks; laser cannons and EMP grenades. Upon detection, the Heavy Robot will fire a barrage of heavy laser fire at B.J before firing an EMP blast almost immediately after. These lasers do relatively high damage on harder difficulties, so it is advised to take cover. EMP grenades have an approximately 5 second charge time before exploding, damaging the player and draining the Laserkraftwerk. Making contact with the grenade itself before explosion can also damage the player. The EMP grenades are primarily used for flushing B.J out of cover and are proven to be quite annoying if the player sticks to one of the side rooms in the arena.
The robot appears to have no resistance to Tesla Grenades, which will deactivate the robot for a while if it is caught in a Tesla Grenade's AoE.
- Throwing a tesla grenade at the Heavy Robot will temporarily stun it, if the player is quick enough they can get behind the robot and shoot it in its weak spot; the 2 batteries in its shoulder blades. This technique works on all robots and is a quick and sure-fire technique to beating them easily.
- Only one Heavy Robot is fought In the game, acting as boss at the end of the mission London Nautica. It will burst out of the large steel door in the helicopter hangar. The best way to deal with it is to use the LaserKraftWerk or dual-wielded Assault Rifle 1960, and a few Tesla Grenades to stun the machine. During the fight, there are recharge stations on the center platform area in the middle of the helicopter area for the Laserkraftwerk.
- As a large and heavily-armored target, it presents a good opportunity to get the Autopanzer perk.
- Stay mobile, the Robot will be always trying to approach you, do not let them corner you, or you will be surprised at how quickly they can eliminate you.
- Avoid its EMP attack, it does moderate damage to the player and will drain battery for LaserKraftWerk.
- The Heavy Robot is vulnerable to attacks against its head and eye area; aim there if you want to inflict any reasonable damage, flanking around it can be a challenge though.
- Mounted Machine Guns are a good way to inflict damage to the Heavy Robot; the guns mounted on the helicopters are accessible during the fight for this purpose. However, you'd better get out of there when it throws Tesla attacks at you as these will disable the gun temporarily and deal some damage, leaving you vulnerable.
- If you listen closely to the robot during the fight in the London Nautica, it will emit distorted electric sounds. These sound like electronic humming or even electronic vocaloids through a comm.
|Humans||Soldier · Riot Guard · Commander · Deathshead's Commando · Fire Trooper · Rocket Trooper · Space Marine · Space Trooper|
|Machines||Drone · Guard Robot · Panzerhund · Heavy Robot · Baltisches Auge · Herr Faust · Zeppelin|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten|
|Bosses||London Monitor · Prototype Robot · Deathshead(Mechanical Powered Armor)|