- "Oberkommando, I have found the tunnel entrance the terrorist used to penetrate the underground railway system. A cellar room underneath a so-called diner in Roswell. You should see this place. It looks like a madman lived here. It’s like a window into the degenerate terrorist mind. Ubercommander Jurgen Schlusser out."
- ―Jurgen Schlusser reporting his findings while investigating Super Spesh’s old hideout[src]
Oberführer Jürgen Schlusser is a minor antagonist and enemy in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Before 1961[edit | edit source]
Like the other Ubercommanders Schlusser was a highly decorated officer. He had been noted for heroism during the battle of Botang in 1950 and during his tenure as commander of the internment camp at Joshua Tree he more than halved the number of inmates while simultaneously more than doubling the productivity of labourers in the camp.
Assassination[edit | edit source]
- "Fuck yeah, Blazkowicz. Can't have that Nazi motherfucker all up in Speshie's shit. Grace out."
- ―Grace to B.J. upon assassinating Schlusser.[src]
Sometime in July-August 1961, after the supposed death of William J. Blazkowicz, Schlusser was sent by general Irene Engel to Roswell, New Mexico. While fellow Ubercommander Fredrich Baumgarter led troops into the remains of Area 52, Schlusser commanded a second force of Nazi soldiers, Klansmen, Drones and a Zitadelle robot in the town of Roswell, which had been evacuated following the detonation of the nuclear warhead in Area 52 by the resistance.
After discovering the corpse of Kommandant Gruber in Papa Joe's All American Diner he proceeded to investigate the building, further, finding Norman Caldwell's underground "mission control" and the tunnel from there to the Area 52 train depot. It was during this assignment that Schlusser met his end; before he could leave the basement, after giving his report to the Oberkommando, he was assassinated by Blazkowicz.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Like most of the Übercommanders, Schlusser receives little to nothing in the way of characterization on account of appearing so briefly. While overhearing his report to Oberkommando, while in mission control, he describes the location of Caldwell's hideout and his belief in conspiracies and extra-terrestrial activity as an interesting insight into the mind of a degenerate madman, suggesting that he is a firm adherent of Nazi ideology who views any significant intellectual deviation from the Nazi orthodoxy as a sign of mental illness. He also seems to have a keen eye for detail, as he was able to easily describe the location of Super Spesh’s hideout.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike some Übercommanders, Schlusser can be silently killed by the player without alerting the guards.
- He is the only Übercommander that wears the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross
|Direct appearance in The New Colossus||Albert Grosse· Daniel Eckstein· Erich Eberhardt· Freidrich Baumgartner· Gerhardt Dunkel· Gernot Herrmann· Heinrich Müller· Jürgen Schlusser· Klaus Klinger· Leopold Meissner· Ludwig Kassmeyer· Michael Rademaker· Otto Ackermann· Raimund Hofmann· Thomas Wechsler· Victor Kreuger· Walter Hauser·|
|Direct appearance in The Freedom Chronicles||Roderick Metze· Hans Stiglitz|
|Mentioned only||Erik Wechsler|
|Direct appearance in Youngblood||Bayer・ Fleischer|