A completely quadrupedal machine, it combines the appearance and aggressiveness of the Kampfhund with the agility, armor, and firepower of the UberSoldat. As stated in the name its main trait is its powerful laser which shoots from its single eye. Three harmless beams will shoot in a rotating motion from its eyes as a warning that its weapon is charging, before firing a very powerful blast. The Laserhund also has a melee attack when it gets up close, slamming itself into its enemy utilizing its hard metal armor and heavy weight, usually knocking their opponent off their feet. Combined with its speed and durability, the Laserhund is one of the more challenging foes one will face in The New Colossus.
The first Laserhund appears on Venus in the Commander section, flying through the glass and attacking the player (even if the player stealth their way). Afterward, they appear more frequent, often coming if the player has set off the alarm, or they are seen walking around the vicinity on patrol.
the Laserhund returns in Youngblood, along with a rarely seen variant known as the Turmhund, which, unlike the former, has 2 tier variants, and has a laser cannon affixed to its left side, which functions same as the Laserhammer. Turmhunden are almost exclusively found in the Treasure Hunt mission, although they are rare finds in the game in general.
The New Colossus
- Be warned of the Laserhund's beams that are about to fire a blast towards you, for while the laser beams don't do too much damage, the blast does a lot of damage.
- It's best to fight a Laserhund from a distance, as they have a melee attack that can knock the player to the ground, and they also explode when destroyed. The explosion can kill or knock the player onto the ground, making the player more vulnerable to nearby Soldiers or enemies.
- If going in stealthy, watch the machine walk around the vicinity, and kill the soldiers or enemies before attacking the Laserhund. In addition, for stealthy players, the Laserhund only attacks if it spots you, turning their blue light to red on alert.
- The player can stun a Laserhund with a grenade with the electromagnetic upgrade, giving the player plenty of time to take it down. That being said, doing so with a Commander around will cause him to sound the alarm, and alert all presence to the area.
- The Sturmgewehr with the armor piercing round upgrade is the most economic option, although the Schockhammer X especially with the Rotor upgrade will prove to be the best option in close range. The LaserKraftWerk and Dieselkraftwerk are also great against the Laserhund, being destroyed in a couple of shots.
- On rare occasions, laserhund's will attack around a Commander area and not sound the alarm, implying that if the player attacks them, it will sound it. This is noticeable on the Ausmerzer mission with the last Commander.
- Laserhunds drop absurd amounts of armor; enough to replenish B.J. multiple times over, especially with the Ram Shackle Kill Perk. Backtrack to its wreckage to replenish armor if low on armor, although extended combat causes the armor pieces to disappear if too many recent drops occurred in the combat for computing reasons.
- When silently killing a soldier with the Laserhund around, the latter will sometimes hunt the player down, no matter where he hides, thus sounding an alarm (Bug?)
- With the cloak ability, the player can bypass them (just like the Zitadelle and Panzerhund).
- With the dash ability, the player can dodge their laser attacks, and avoid taking damage.
- Like in the previous installment, a fully charged shot of the LaserKraftWerk will end them. Slaying them will drop plenty of health/armor along with some valuable ammo, like Kraftwerk or even Uberhammer ammunition.
- Also once again, avoid their death blast, as it will damage, or knock down the player until they buy the invulnerable knockdown ability.
- In the case of the Turmhund, you also must avoid their secondary death beam from their laser cannon, as it can melt players even a few levels higher than it.
- It bears some resemblance to Pinky Demon from Doom 3.
- It appears to be completely robotic, with no organic parts whatsoever.
- Upon slaying it, it will make a whimpering noise before self-destructing.
|Humans||Soldier (Atom Elites · Venus Soldiers) · Commander (Übercommander)|
|Machines||Railway Turret · UberSoldat · Drone · Laserhund · Panzerhund|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten · Crocodile|
|Bosses||Irene Engel · Zerstörer· Zitadelle|
|Humans||Soldier · Commander (Übercommander) · Elite Guard · Sniper|
|Machines||Drone · Robotersoldaten ・ Laserhund · Panzerhund ・ Düsenjäger・ Düsenjäger (Fighter)|
|Creatures||Bombenhund · Supersoldaten · Zerstörer · Zitadelle|
|Bosses||Winkler · Brüder Übergarde · Lothar Brandt|