- "Ackermann: I ordered you to station more men in section 4 so where are they?
Soldier: I have reports saying sections 4, 5, and 6 are completely empty!"
- ―A Nazi soldier and Otto Ackerman discussing the lack of security within the containment wall’s facility[src]
Biography[edit | edit source]
Before 1961[edit | edit source]
Ackermann was a very popular soldier, known for his bravery and valour during the insurgent uprising of San Francisco, in 1952. In 1958, he was responsible for the suppression of the riots in Pasadena, where he even risked his own personal safety, in order for the overall victory of the German forces. He was responsible for the deaths of twenty seven terrorists, along with the capture of fourteen.
Assassination[edit | edit source]
- "You never cease to impress, Blazkowicz. Pack it up and come on home. Grace out."
- ―B.J. upon Ackermann's death.[src]
He was tasked to reinforce security in the New Orleans Ghetto, after the atomic blast caused by the Kreisau Circle, detonated to aid them in escaping the Ausmerzer’s grasp. The wall was in desperate need of repair after B.J. breached it to get to the Ghetto. He is eventually killed by B.J. creating another breach within the wall, causing all of Ackermann's efforts to have been in vain, along with his life being ended.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Otto Ackermann has more character development than most Ubercommanders. Based on a radio conversation between Ackermann and another soldier on the other end, Otto Ackermann is a ruthless, strict commander with low tolerance for mistakes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the rest of his men wearing hazmat suits, Ackermann wears his normal uniform. This is perhaps to distinguish him from an ordinary commander.
- He is one of the few Übercommanders whose face is visible.
|Direct appearance in The New Colossus||Albert Grosse· Daniel Eckstein· Erich Eberhardt· Freidrich Baumgartner· Gerhardt Dunkel· Gernot Herrmann· Heinrich Müller· Jürgen Schlusser· Klaus Klinger· Leopold Meissner· Ludwig Kassmeyer· Michael Rademaker· Otto Ackermann· Raimund Hofmann· Thomas Wechsler· Victor Kreuger· Walter Hauser·|
|Direct appearance in The Freedom Chronicles||Roderick Metze· Hans Stiglitz|
|Mentioned only||Erik Wechsler|
|Direct appearance in Youngblood||Bayer・ Fleischer|