The Panzerfaust (literally translated as tank fist) is an extremely powerful single use weapon in Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory. The drawback is that the rockets are rather slow and can sometimes be avoided by enemies.
Single Player[edit | edit source]
It is used to damage any higher level enemy such as the X-Creatures, or to detonate fuel tanks, etc. It will gib enemies with ease if you score a direct hit. In close quarters, the splash damage can hurt the player severely, therefore such usage is not advised, once get hit by a Panzerfaust, you will also bounce back due to the explosion. You can only carry 6 rockets at a time. The enemy seems to have unlimited rockets at most of the time and will sometimes use them in close quarters (where the rocket can kill the user and its enemy), so be careful.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
In RtCW Multiplayer and in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, the Panzerfaust is only available to the Soldier class. Curiously, the Panzerfaust is available to both sides.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The box of Panzerfausts has 3 rockets, you cannot equip them once picked, you must pick up the single Panzerfaust in order to use them, if you have 6 rockets already, the single one will not add more ammunition to your inventory, therefore you shold have 1 rocket and 5 in reserve, this problem may be encountered in later missions in game, where the enemies hardly drop any of them.
- Enemies using Panzerfausts will not drop them before you pass the mission where you can get it for the first time (in the level Baseout).
- Sometimes enemies have a limited amount of rockets, they will use their alternate weapons (mostly MP 40) when they're out of rockets.
- The fired Panzerfaust still has the warhead on it until the enemy drop the empty tube down, this is subtle and can be easily overlooked.
- If fired by Super Soldiers, there will be no tube being dropped. It's not known how they load the relatively cumbersome Panzerfaust into the little gun of the Super Soldiers.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The in-game Panzerfaust is based on Panzerfaust 30.
- When used by Proto/Super soldiers, the tube is still visible, despite the projectile is fired from their "gun".
|Wikipedia has an article on:|
The Panzerfaust (lit. "armor fist" or "tank fist", plural: Panzerfäuste) was an inexpensive, recoilless, single-shot German anti-tank weapon of World War II. It consisted of a small, disposable preloaded launch tube firing a high explosive anti-tank warhead, operated by a single soldier; it's small but very deadly to the armored vehicles. The Panzerfaust remained in service in various versions until the end of the war. The Panzerfaust 150 variant was the basis for the development of the Soviet RPG-2 which later evolved into the world-famous RPG-7.
|Melee||Knife · Boot|
|Firearms||Luger · Colt · MP 40 · Thompson · Sten · Mauser (Scoped) · Snooper · FG 42 · Venom · MG 42|
|Explosives||Grenades · Dynamite · Panzerfaust|
|Other||Flamethrower · Tesla|
|Tides of War exclusive||Shotgun|