|Weapon||One chain gun, one machine gun|
Submarine Willy is the first boss of the mission packs (and equivalent of Trans Grösse). The commander of a submarine, Willy is known and feared for his various mental problems and rage outbursts. Even a lobotomy didn't improve his temper. Equipped with a chain gun and a machine gun, Willy is definitely prepared for battle.
Before facing Willy, it is extremely important to be at maximum health and have a very large supply of ammo. You'll see why in seconds. Submarine Willy is extremely hard to beat. Lure him out of the room he's in, then get medium distance from him and open fire. Even though you'll take damage, he'll be down in no time. If you need supplies, grab them, but be aware that he will follow you.
The poor quality of sound in the game makes it difficult to ascertain what is being said. Sources are given for what Formgen claims is the language, but this is sometimes open to criticism.
- "Was zum Teufel?"
- "What the hell?" File: "SUBSIGHTSND". Spoken on seeing the player. "Teufel" literally means "devil", but "what the hell" is a more understandable interpretation to English audiences.
- "Damn!" File: "SUBDEATHSND". Spoken on death.
- Unlike other chain gun wielding enemies, Submarine Willy's doesn't spin in the shooting sprite animation.
- His name is referenced to 1928 Disney animated short film Steamboat Willie.
- ↑ WOLFSRC/WL_ACT2.C from the Wolfenstein 3D source code on github.com, line 42
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Hemphill, Alan. Instruction and Hint Book for Mission 2: Return to Danger. FormGen Corporation, 1994. Page 37. Web. (Third-party scan)
|Wolfenstein 3D||Guard · SS · Killer Dog · Mutant · Officer · Pac-Man Ghost · Fake Hitler|
|Other enemies||Bat · Mutant Rat · Ghost|
|Wolfenstein 3D bosses||Hans Grösse · Dr. Schabbs · Adolf Hitler · Otto Giftmacher · Gretel Grösse · General Fettgesicht|
|Spear of Destiny bosses||Trans Grösse · Barnacle Wilhelm · Übermutant · Death Knight · Angel of Death|
|Spear of Destiny mission pack bosses||Submarine Willy · Professor Quarkblitz · The Axe · The Robot · Devil Incarnate|